Get Involved with HMPA!
HMPA is a volunteer organization which thrives on committee activities. Being a committee member is the best way to get involved with the organization, and the networking opportunities offered through committee involvement are unlimited. HMPA encourages participation in one or more committees. To become a committee member, contact the Committee Chair.
- Continuing Legal Education - arranges seminars and workshops covering a wide range of substantive legal topics. Works with PHP, Membership and Social Committees on the annual GALA honoring Paralegals Day, Paralegal of the Year and Professional Houston Paralegals.
- Education Liaison - facilitates communication between paralegal education programs and HMPA and handles all processes concerning the HMPA Scholarship Reimbursement Fund.
- Ethics - ensures compliance with the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
- PHP - awards PHP designation to qualified candidates. Works with Continuing Legal Education, Membership and Social Committees on the annual GALA honoring Paralegals Day, Paralegal of the Year and Professional Houston Paralegals.
- Membership - promotes membership through membership drives, member services, membership directory, etc. Works with Continuing Legal Education, PHP and Social Committees on the annual GALA honoring Paralegals Day, Paralegal of the Year and Houston Professional Paralegals.
- Newsletter - produces a monthly publication providing members with meeting dates, professional development and placement resources, pro bono opportunities and other news of special and general interest.
- Community Services Committee - coordinates with other organizations to provide pro bono services in the community.
- Professional Certification - maintains current information regarding certification testing and study groups and keeps abreast of developments in the profession.
- Employment Relations - maintains the HMPA Job Bank Hotline, Offers a job bank hotline to employers for use by members.
- CLE Lunch Programs - schedules programs and speakers for the Program Luncheons conducted the second Tuesday of every month.
- Public Relations - promotes a favorable image of the profession in the business and legal communities.
- Social - plans periodic social activities, and works with Continuing Legal Education, PHP, and Membership Committees on the annual GALA honoring Paralegals Day, Paralegal of the Year and Houston Professional Paralegals.
© Copyright 2000-2017, Houston Metropolitan Paralegal Association, All Rights Reserved.